Certificate in Executive Program in Safety Management
All ASSP certificate programs are designed so professionals can take a series of courses related to certain occupational safety and health topics or concepts, then master those areas and gain expertise. This program — a natural extension of ASSP’s Certificate in Safety Management — is built for safety professionals looking to achieve the highest level of performance. It features contemporary safety management methods and influential leadership strategies.
You are eligible for this program if you satisfy one of the following criteria:
- Have earned the ASSP Certificate in Safety Management
- Hold the CSP, CHMM, ARM, OHST, CHST, CIH or CSHM certification
- Are a professional member of ASSP
- Hold a baccalaureate degree, plus five years’ experience in OSH
- Are a professional engineer working in the safety field
What You Will Learn
Complete the ASSP Executive Program in Safety Management and be able to:
- Manage safety by applying the methods established by recognized contemporary management innovators, behavioral scientists and great leaders in safety
- Add another dimension to safety management in your organization by applying strategy and techniques focused on risk, business, and human and organizational performance
- Exhibit the unique traits of successful leaders to inspire your workforce in their safety performance, as well as strengthen your connection with senior leaders
- Introduce new concepts in safety management and leadership to your workplace
To obtain this certificate, complete all required coursework within two years, including:
Mandatory Courses (3.5 CEUs)
Elective Courses (1.4 CEUs)
You can complete the 14 hours of electives needed to complete the CEU requirement for the certificate at the following ASSP events:
Final Essay (.1 CEU)
Reflect on what you’ve learned and create a plan for implementation. Details are provided during the mandatory courses.
Complete within two years:
- Final Essay
- Submit request for certificate to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide:
- The name of the certificate program you've completed
- Your ASSP ID #
- Your name as you would like it to appear on your certificate
- Your mailing address, daytime telephone number, and email address
- Any supporting documentation
NOTE: Only ASSP LearnEx courses, ASSP face-to-face courses, and ASSP webinars and virtual symposia can be counted toward ASSP certificate program electives. The ASSP Professional Development Conference, and programs delivered by ASSP regions or chapters or other organizations are not eligible to satisfy elective requirements.
Why Earn a Professional Certificate From ASSP?
ASSP has a long-standing reputation for delivering top-quality OSH education and training that members can immediately put into practice — giving you an advantage in your workplace, in your industry and in the safety profession.
- Further your education to signify a commitment to your profession, potentially opening the door for more opportunities and higher earnings with current or potential employers
- Acquire an area of technical OSH expertise, and become an indispensable asset and valuable resource to your team or future team
- Quickly expand your professional network by learning alongside other safety professionals while obtaining your certificate