About ASSP’s Annual Leadership Conference
Volunteer leaders are critical to ASSP’s success, our many member communities and the occupational safety and health (OSH) industry in general. That’s why we invest in opportunities like this conference — complete with networking, leadership training, and team-building and problem-solving sessions — to enhance your success both with ASSP and in your careers.
Who Should Attend?
If you are a current or rising volunteer ASSP leader in your ASSP community, you are encouraged to attend this conference to enhance your leadership skills — both as a volunteer in one of the following roles and in your professional role at work.
- Chapter officers
- Practice specialty administrators and advisory committee members
- Common interest group administrators and advisory committee members
- Committee chairs
- Deputy regional vice presidents
- Area directors
Become a volunteer leader
Why Attend the Leadership Conference?
- Develop leadership skills that are transferable to the workplace
- Share best practices and meet key ASSP leaders
- Network with other leaders in safety to find solutions to your latest challenges
- Earn continuing education units for attending the conference
2018 Leadership Conference
Our 2018 Leadership Conference will take place October 4 – 6 at the Marriott O’Hare in Chicago, Illinois.
- Thursday, October 4: Kick off the conference and get to know fellow volunteer leaders at our opening reception.
- Friday, October 5: Start solving challenges with a full day of workshops, then build on your relationships during our region night out events.
- Saturday, October 6: Strengthen your skills, knowledge and network with a ½ day of sessions.
Conference registration is free and includes:
- Conference sessions and materials
- Light refreshments on Thursday evening
- Continental breakfast and lunch on Friday and Saturday
Conference attendees should plan to cover the costs for their transportation, hotel and additional meals. Free shuttle service to and from O’Hare Airport is by contacting the hotel directly. Taxi or shuttle service from Midway Airport is approximately $35. On Saturday, ASSP will have a 1:30 p.m. shuttle for $10.
Our 2018 Leadership Conference will take place at the Marriott O’Hare. Please reserve your room directly by Sept. 1 to receive the discounted rate of $149 per night.
8535 West Higgins Road
Chicago, IL 60631
Why Being a Leader at ASSP Matters
Become a leader with ASSP and find an opportunity to put your passion to work. You will benefit from a vast professional community, leadership training, and access to insights on safety trends and innovations. Having all this at your disposal spurs career growth and can help advance your career. But, it’s not just you who benefits. Individuals all over the world work in safer environments because our members work together for a safer, stronger future.
Leadership Conference Highlights