SafetyFOCUS 2022 | February 28 - March 4, 2022 | Virtual
SafetyFOCUS is a forum for OSH professionals to:
- Identify emerging issues relevant to the profession
- Expand their knowledge and professional skills
- Gain strategies for overcoming OSH challenges
- Engage in discourse that advances the profession
Course Proposal Guidelines and Policies
We invite you to submit a SafetyFOCUS 2022 course proposal for review by our Council on Professional Development. Courses span from half-day, one day, or two-days.
In objectively evaluating instructor proposals, our expert panel considers the following criteria:
- Degree to which the proposed course meets our program objectives
- Instructor's presentation skills and teaching experience
- Interest in/need for the topic within the profession
Proposals are due by Wednesday, September 15, 2021. Please complete a separate application for each course. We will consider no more than two proposals per instructor. We will not consider incomplete submissions.
For each proposed course, you will need to:
- Describe the course and provide a daily outline based on the course length
- Indicate the knowledge level—beginner, intermediate, advanced, or executive—expected of learners who attend the course
- Specify three to five primary learning outcomes using action verbs describing what attendees will be able to do as a result of attending your class
- Explain why the topic is relevant to the safety profession
- Describe your experience with the topic
- Describe your qualifications related to the course topic (two pages maximum) and include your name, education, current position, certifications/designations, and noteworthy articles and publications from the past three years (up to five items)
- List your relevant experience presenting courses lasting one day or more at one of our events.
- If you have not delivered a course at one of our education events, provide a link (from YouTube, Vimeo, or a similar platform) to a three-minute video showcasing your teaching style
We will notify you of acceptance via e-mail by October 15, 2021.
Submit your proposal
Please contact our Professional Development staff.