Vasudevan Narayanan, CSP, a HSE professional with experience of over 30 years working in the field of Safety in oil refinery. He started his Career in Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Visakh Refinery Andhra Pradesh state of India as Engineer Trainee in year 1991 and went to become Deputy Manager- Safety & fire. Later he Joined Kuwait National Petroleum Corporation as Safety Engineer in the year 2001 and has been working since at KNPC Kuwait in HSE department holding various positions. He was regularly acting as Senior Safety Engineer for MAA refinery and managing many young Safety Engineers and guiding them in performing their work to best of their abilities. He is part of various committees with diverse workforce working in a cohesive manner to find solution to critical HSE issues. In addition, he is playing a key role as a part of Management team of KNPC which oversees various HSE management systems and its implementation.
N. Vasudevan is a professional member of American Society of Safety Professionals since September 2003. He was ASSP Kuwait Chapter president (July 2012-June 2013). Prior to this he served as Vice President of ASSP Kuwait chapter (July 2011-June 2012) and Secretary of ASSP Kuwait chapter (July2010-June 2011).
He was Director of ASSP Kuwait Chapter 8th Professional Development Conference 2015 in Kuwait. He was immediate past Area Director-1 Region IX. At present he is serving as member in Leadership conference committee.
He has mentored many HSE professional as volunteer in preparation for their ASP & CSP examination in Kuwait.
I am committed to this noble HSE profession. I believe that it is our duty as safety and health professionals to ensure that every worker goes home safely to their family at the end of their work shift.
I feel a great responsibility to continue to give back to profession by providing opportunities for all to grow. My goals is to represent and create greater value our membership; operate the Society as a sustainable business enterprise in a ethical manner; achieve the Society’s Mission and Vision while positioning ASSP as the premier, global membership organization.
ASSP is a global association of HSE professional which is providing its members a platform for networking professional development publication and career search enhancement opportunities.
Safety professional around the world work in different categories such as Safety Managers/ Engineers/ Supervisors/ Inspectors/Officers with different job descriptions and expectation from management.
As RVP I would like to use ASSP as a platform to:
- Bring members of different background to come in networking meeting to discuss specific burning issues in the region
- Provide a network for HSE professional to choose right career opportunity
- Provide a platform to HSSE professional to pen down their experiences in ASSP websites/e Journals
- Career counseling giving proper guidance on the periodic professional development opportunities
- Provide inputs to enhance body of knowledge which will be beneficial to members
- Looks at ways to develop training courses by ASSP which can be mutual beneficial to members and society for sustainability
- Explore ways to develop standards, procedures & guidelines by ASSP with members involvement which will be beneficial to members and industries in the region.
ASSP should become a leading source for providing technical expertise to industries and contractor in the region