American Society of Safety Professionals is your source for insights on trends in the safety profession, including developments in safety management, worker safety, government and regulatory affairs and standards.
Occupational safety and health professionals and their organizations are facing unprecedented challenges due to the COVID-19 pandemic. In this edition of Safety News You Need, we’re sharing some resources on risk assessment and risk management.
- With more and more people working remotely, it’s good to assess the risks and hazards in the home environment. This safety checklist can help workers identify hazards and create a safer environment, wherever they may be working. Read more
- Workplace hazards come in many forms: natural, man-made and technological. These risk assessment tools can help you prepared for whatever hazards your workplace may face. Read more
- The spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus) calls on safety professionals and employers to view risk assessment in a potentially new way as it relates to the health of their workforce. This flowchart from the CDC can help guide your risk management and decision making. Learn more
- Hazard identification is a key component of any successful risk assessment. Follow these six steps to help identify the hazards in your workplace so you can develop a plan for corrective action. Learn more
- Workplace chemicals pose unique hazards to worker safety and health. NIOSH offers several tools to help you understand the risks and hazards associated with different chemicals and steps you can take to protect your workforce. Read more