American Society of Safety Professionals is your source for insights on trends in the safety profession, including developments in safety management, worker safety, government and regulatory affairs and standards.
Our link roundup this week includes a reversal on workplace mask requirements; the importance of health and safety for job seekers; how to address worker well-being; and tips for starting conversations about trenching safety. You’ll also find information on how stress affects workplace productivity; keys to effective crisis communication; and how to help prevent worker burnout.
- Cal/OSHA has withdrawn its proposed workplace mask regulation to consider a rule that more closely aligns with state efforts to fully reopen next week. Read more
- A recent survey found that most candidates would turn down a role if the employer did not have clear COVID-19 health and safety protocols. Read more
- Occupational safety and health continues to evolve every day. Learn why prioritizing worker well-being is essential for your organization. Read more
- Trench Safety Stand Down Week (June 14-18) is coming up fast. Use these tips to start conversations with your workers about how to stay safe. Read more
- A study has found a connection between stress and inattentiveness in the workplace, and highlights the impact that inattention can have on productivity. Read more
- Good communication is crucial during a crisis. Follow these tips to effectively engage with your employees. Read more
- A return to the office could mean increased burnout for workers. Learn ways to help ease the burden on your employees. Read more