American Society of Safety Professionals is your source for insights on trends in the safety profession, including developments in safety management, worker safety, government and regulatory affairs and standards.
An effective safety and health management system is built around a strong safety culture. This week’s link roundup offers insights into building a culture where everyone looks out for each other’s safety and can speak up about unsafe conditions without fear.
- A recent study found gaps between employer and worker perceptions about workplace culture. Read more
- Learn why trust is key to success when some or all of your team is working from home. Read more
- Nearly 3,800 cases of anti-Asian discrimination and incidents related to COVID-19 were reported in the U.S. between March 2020 and February 2021. Taking these steps can help protect workers. Read more
- OSHA has received more than 5,500 whistleblower complaints related to COVID-19. Get answers to frequently asked questions about unlawful retaliation. Read more
- An AllVoices survey found that 41% of respondents had left an organization because of unsafe conditions. Read more
- Landscaping has some of the highest injury rates of any industry. Learn why and what you can do about it. Read more
- A number of factors impact heat stress. Here are six things to monitor. Read more