Section 10.1: Council on Professional Affairs Operating Procedures
I. Council Membership
- The vice president, professional affairs, shall serve as the chair of the council.
- The council shall be composed of the chair and six at-large members.
- The at-large members shall be appointed by the vice president, professional affairs, subject to approval by the Board of Directors.
- Council members at large serve a three-year term and may not be reappointed. Appointments are structured to allow for staggered terms.
- Council members shall elect a vice chair from among the council members. The council vice chair serves a one-year term and may be re-elected for one additional term.
- The president, president-elect, senior vice president and chief executive officer shall be ex-officio members of this council.
II. Council Committees
- Council committee chairs and members are appointed by the vice president, professional affairs, subject to approval by the Board of Directors.
- Standing committees include Government Affairs, Technical Professional Recognition and Risk Assessment committees.
III. Council Operations
- Method: The council will primarily meet by telephone conference/webinar.
- Schedule: The schedule of meetings shall be drawn up by the council chair and agreed to by the council members.
- Quorum: A quorum exists when at least one-half of the members of the council are present at a meeting, one of whom must be the vice president, professional affairs, or vice chair, who will be the presiding officer. If a quorum is present, a majority vote of members present shall be decisive when a vote is taken.
- Council Business: The council may transact official business at meetings, conference calls and by ballots.
- Minutes: Minutes will be prepared for each council meeting.
B. Budgeting and Finance
The council operates within the Society budget, including travel, meeting and staff support expenses. Committees and task forces are funded through specific budget actions of the Board of Directors.
Approved By/Date: Board of Directors | 12/2019
Replaces Edition Dated: 01/2019
Next Revision Due: 12/2022