What Is the Honor of Fellow
Fellow is ASSP's most prestigious honor, recognizing significant commitment, achievement and leadership in the occupational safety and health (OSH) profession.
Recipients receive a Fellow medallion and plaque. They also receive lifetime registration to the annual conference, and invitations to networking events with the past presidents and Fellows so they can continue to connect with a prestigious group of other highly accomplished safety professionals.
ASSP Fellows are entitled to use the Fellow of American Society of Safety Professionals (FASSP) designation. View our FASSP usage guidelines to learn more.
View our Fellows
Chapters, regions, practice specialties, common interest groups, committees and councils are strongly encouraged to actively identify and nominate members for this prestigious honor. To be eligible, a nominee must:
- Be an ASSP member in good standing.
- Have made significant contributions to ASSP and the OSH profession over a minimum period of 15 years.
- Have spent a significant amount of time working in the OSH field.
- Fellow petitions are reviewed by ASSP’s Technical and Professional Recognition Committee
- Submit the petition by Nov. 1 in PDF format to ASSP's Awards Staff