What Is the Honor of Fellow
The honor of Fellow is ASSP's most prestigious honor, recognizing significant commitment, achievement and leadership in the occupational safety and health (OSH) profession.
Recipients are presented with the Fellow medallion and plaque during our annual Professional Development Conference. They also receive lifetime registration to the conference, an invitation to the annual Past Presidents and Fellows Dinner, and the opportunity to connect with a prestigious group of other highly accomplished safety professionals.
ASSP Fellows are entitled to use the Fellow of American Society of Safety Professionals (FASSP) designation. FASSP usage guidelines are available here
View our Fellows
Chapters, regions, practice specialties, common interest groups, committees and councils are strongly encouraged to actively identify and nominate members for this prestigious honor. To be eligible, a nominee must:
- Be an ASSP member in good standing.
- Have made significant contributions to ASSP and the OSH profession over a minimum period of 15 years.
- Have spent a significant amount of time working in the OSH field.
- Fellow petitions are reviewed by ASSP’s Technical and Professional Recognition Committee
- Submit the petition by Nov. 1 in PDF format to ASSP's Professional Affairs staff
Please contact ASSP’s Professional Affairs staff.