Our Safety Management Certificate Program
The Safety Management Certificate program is designed for occupational safety and health (OSH) professionals who want to learn the fundamental concepts and processes for implementation of recognized approaches to safety management. This program is ideal for OSH professionals with less than three years’ experience or seasoned professionals who have recently taken on more safety management responsibilities.
The program's coursework spans a wide range of topics — from leadership skills and ethics to developing budgets and controlling workers’ compensation costs to designing and adjusting safety systems and programs — to help you meet the needs of your employees and organization.
What You Will Learn
- Develop foundational knowledge of concepts and techniques for managing an effective safety management system
- Assess and measure the effectiveness of a safety management system
- Formulate effective ways to position safety in your organization
- Gain an understanding of the components for building a safety management system that supports your organization’s strategic and business goals
How to Earn Your Certificate
Step 1: Enroll in Our Safety Management Certificate Program.
There is no fee to register for the program. However, there is a separate registration process and fee for each required course. Once you are enrolled, please continue to Step 2.
Enroll in ASSP's Safety Management Certificate Program
Step 2: Register individually for and complete each of the three required courses within two years.
Registration fees will be displayed in our store:
Step 3: Retrieve your certificate!
Upon completion of the required courses, ASSP will post your certificate within 48 to 72 hours in your profile at www.assp.org, (Log-in, go to My Account, Education & Content, Certificates). Download the certificate and display it to recognize your career achievement!
Prior to June 2020
If you attended one or more of the required courses before June 2020, please contact the professional development team
to learn next steps for completing your certificate program.
Why Earn a Professional Certificate From ASSP?
ASSP has a long-standing reputation for delivering top-quality safety education and training that OSH professionals can immediately put into practice — giving you an advantage in your workplace, in your industry and in the safety profession.
- Establish credibility as a leader and signify your commitment to the safety profession
- Gain a competitive advantage and maximize your earning potential
- Become an indispensable asset and valuable resource to your workers and organization
- Grow your professional network by learning alongside other safety professionals
- Understand and integrate best practices from leading organizations