Certificate in Safety Management
All ASSP certificate programs are designed so professionals can take a series of courses related to certain occupational safety and health (OSH) topics or concepts, then master those areas and gain expertise. Our Certificate in Safety Management is a forum where you will share challenges, craft solutions and develop the skills you need to successfully position safety at your organization.
What You Will Learn
ASSP's Certificate in Safety Management coursework spans a wide variety of topics — ranging from leadership skills and ethics; to developing budgets and controlling workers’ compensation costs; to designing and adjusting safety systems and programs so they meet the needs of employees and businesses.
- Build a foundation of concepts and techniques for managing an effective safety system
- Assess and measure the effectiveness of a safety management system
- Successfully position safety in your organization
- Develop a safety management system that supports your organization’s strategic and business goals
To obtain this certificate, complete all required coursework within five years, including:
Mandatory Courses (5.6 CEUs)
Elective Courses (1.4 CEUs)
You can complete the electives needed to meet the CEU requirement for the Certificate in Safety Management at the following ASSP events:
Note: The ASSP Professional Development Conference, and programs delivered by ASSP regions or chapters or other organizations are not eligible to satisfy elective requirements.
Complete within five years:
- Submit request for certificate to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide:
- The name of the certificate program you've completed
- Your ASSP ID #
- Your name as you would like it to appear on your certificate
- Your mailing address, daytime telephone number and email address
- Any supporting documentation
NOTE: Only ASSP LearnEx courses, ASSP face-to-face courses, and ASSP webinars and virtual symposia can be counted toward ASSP certificate program electives. The ASSP Professional Development Conference, and programs delivered by ASSP regions or chapters or other organizations are not eligible to satisfy elective requirements.
Why Earn a Professional Certificate From ASSP?
ASSP has a long-standing reputation for delivering top-quality safety education and training that members can immediately put into practice — giving you an advantage in your workplace, in your industry and in the safety profession.
- Further your education to signify a commitment to your profession, potentially opening the door for more opportunities and higher earnings with current or potential employers
- Acquire an area of technical OSH expertise, and become an indispensable asset and valuable resource to your team or future team
- Quickly expand your professional network by learning alongside other safety professionals while obtaining your certificate