About This Course
This course is specifically designed for those preparing for the Board of Certified Safety Professionals' ASP and CSP certification exams — offering you a hands-on review of essential math skills that are critical for passing these exams.
What You Will Learn
Mathematical topics and concepts that will be covered to prepare you for certification exams include:
- How to operate a scientific calculator
- SI and English conversions of mass, length and time
- Dimensional analysis multi-step conversions (e.g., converting miles per hour to feet per second, pounds to micrograms)
- Number manipulation (e.g., exponents, scientific notation, significant digits, answer accuracy and rounding, logarithms)
- Shapes and formulae (e.g., area, circumference and volume of rectangles, triangles, circles, trapezoids, cubes and cylinders)
- Graphing (e.g., two dimensional graphing of linear, exponential, trigonometric and logarithmic functions)
- Algebra - laws and concepts, word problems
- Trigonometry (e.g., right angles, trigonometry functions, word problems)
Register for math review
ASSP members receive discounts on registration fees and materials. Course participants will receive:
- A TI-30X IIS scientific calculator (included in course fee)
- .7 CEUs
- Study outline
- Workbooks and practice problems
- Suggested resources and study aids
- Guidance on areas where you need additional study
- Guidance on using the TI-30X IIS scientific calculator
Join ASSP to save
This one-day course consists of instruction, sample problems and discussions on a variety of subjects to prepare you to pass the exam. Class begins promptly at 8:00 a.m. and concludes at 4:30 p.m. each day, with beverage breaks provided in between.
Find a course near you
Want to Register for a Course Happening Today?
Class size is limited. Please contact ASSP before coming to determine if an opening is available.
Whenever possible, accommodations will be made for registrants with special needs, provided ASSP receives notice 45 days in advance. Please write a letter of explanation, your name and phone number, and attach to the course registration form. ASSP will contact you.