What You Will Learn
We will cover the following topics to help you prepare for the CHST certification exam:
- Review the requirements to take the CHST certification exam, evaluate your knowledge of content covered in the exam and develop an individual study plan to prepare for the exam.
- Recognize steps to establish a safety management system (SMS) using OSHA general industry and construction standards, as well as ANSI and ISO consensus standards.
- Examine construction health hazards, industrial toxicology, fall protection, power tools, electricity, cranes and derricks, PPE, and proper labeling and handling of chemicals used on construction sites.
- Recognize best practices for recordkeeping, job hazard analysis, pre-job safety plans, investigation of incidents, site inspections, regulatory inspections and audits.
- Examine successful hazard communication and training plans (including the Globally Harmonized System).
Course participants will receive:
- Study outline
- Workbooks and practice problems
- Suggested resources and study aids
- Guidance on areas where you need additional preparation
- 200-question sample exam
- Additional take-home quizzes
View CHST Courses
Our Course Guarantee
We’re so confident our courses are effective that we guarantee success on the exam. If you don’t pass, retake the same course for FREE.*
Our certification exam preparation courses are led by knowledgeable instructors with industry-leading experience to help coach exam candidates to success. Each course includes an overview of the exam. Then, our facilitators will help you assess your current understanding of the content, identify where you need to focus your study, and help you find the right answers.
*Applicable to participants who attend our ASP, CSP, CHST, OHST and SMS certification exam preparation courses and sit for the exam within one year of attending. This guarantee is not valid on courses hosted by ASSP chapters or regions.
All participants are welcome. Please let us know of any accommodations that would make your experience better when you register.