The ASSP Advisory Group
The Advisory Group is a standing committee of the ASSP Board of Directors. It is responsible for monitoring trends impacting workplace safety and the occupational safety and health profession and will use this information to recommend courses of action to the Board of Directors.
MEMBER-AT-LARGE RECRUITMENT IS NOW OPEN
If you are interested in joining the Advisory Group for the 2023-24 year, we are now accepting applications. To apply visit the Leadership Connection page. Membership is granted on a first come first serve basis for those members who fully complete the application. As a reminder, if you are serving in an elected position or chapter representative to the Advisory Group for the 23 – 24 year, you do not need to apply to be a member-at-large.
Thank you to the Advisory Group members for your continued engagement. Below is information regarding the Group and the meetings to-date.
If you have any questions or need to reach ASSP staff regarding the Advisory Group, please contact email@example.com
Advisory Group Membership
The Advisory Group is a large-scale committee of over 400 ASSP members comprised of:
- Members-At-Large: Members in good standing will comprise up to one-quarter of the membership on the Advisory Group and will serve in an at-large capacity.
- Chapters: Each chapter will have Advisory Group representation based on their membership as defined in the ASSP bylaws.
- Common Interest and Practice Specialty Communities: Members elected to serve as administrators and assistant administrators of common interest groups and practice specialties.
- Elected Society Leaders: Members elected to the offices of council vice president, regional vice president and area director.
Advisory Group: Members-at-Large
As defined in the Society Operating Guideline 4.1: Advisory Group Operations, at-large members will represent the interests of the general ASSP membership and occupational safety and health professionals. At-large members will serve a one-year term beginning on July 1, of each year. They may serve more than one term.
Benefits of Serving on the Advisory Group
Advisory Group members will:
- Develop leadership and strategic planning skills, particularly related to organizational governance
- Network with other community leaders and safety professionals
- Be a voice to and for the diverse ASSP membership on Society matters
- Contribute to the growth and development of ASSP and the safety profession
- Earn professional certification maintenance points
Advisory Group Expectations
Advisory Group members can expect to:
- Participate in quarterly virtual meetings
- Receive and read monthly updates from the Board of Directors
- Complete the annual plan of work. The 2022 workplan includes:
- Complete onboarding and orientation
- Appoint the operations committee
- Inform the Society’s strategic plan
- Inform membership benefits, value, packaging/pricing
- Update Advisory Group operations/SOG
- Receive requests to participate in additional virtual engagement activities, focus groups or surveys
Please contact our governance team with any questions or for additional information.
The House of Delegates recently deliberated on two motions, the selling of ASSP’s headquarters building and a proposed governance change. The e-ballot vote on these motions was open Jan. 28, 2022, to March 14, 2022. We are pleased to share the following results:
- Motion 1: Grant real estate transaction authority to the Board of Directors to sell ASSP’s headquarters building in Park Ridge, IL. APPROVED
- Motion 2: Approve revised bylaws enacting the governance changes approved by the Board of Directors. APPROVED
This report is provided and verified by Survey and Ballot Systems (SBS), an independent third-party partner that supported the voting process and distributed ballots to all delegates on record.