What Is the Culbertson Award
The Charles V. Culbertson Outstanding Volunteer Service Award provides special recognition for outstanding service to ASSP at the Society level. Not only does this award offer recipients the recognition they deserve, but it also encourages others to set high goals for their involvement within ASSP.
Meet our past recipients
We present our Culbertson Awards during our annual House of Delegates meeting. Recipients receive a commemorative award and are recognized in our publications. This can lead to wider recognition within your community and organization, and within the broad OSH profession.
All ASSP committee members, practice specialty and common interest group officers and elected officers are eligible, except the president, president-elect, senior vice president and past presidents. Candidates must fulfill only one of the following criteria:
- Their services and activities led to measurable, significant, positive and recognizable accomplishments
- Their services and activities led to significant development or improvement of an ASSP activity or unit
- These activities must have occurred in the previous 12-month period (prior to April)
Deadline: April 1
Nominations are made by the board member responsible for the functional area in which the candidate works. Any ASSP member wishing to recommend an individual should contact the appropriate board member. Nominating petitions should include:
- A completed nomination form
- A one- to two-page statement (maximum) that concisely highlights the candidate’s contributions to ASSP, including individual project achievement, years of service and leadership activities
These items must be submitted to ASSP’s executive director by April 1.
Please contact ASSP’s Executive Staff.