Proposal and Policy Guidelines
We invite those interested in presenting at our 2024 Professional Development Conference to submit a proposal for review by our Conference Planning Committee. Speaker proposals are evaluated objectively with emphasis on the following criteria (listed in order of significance):
- Degree to which the proposed session meets the conference/program objectives
- Desirability of the topic
- Speaker's presentation skills and experience
Proposals must contain and convey sufficient detail to allow our Conference Planning Committee to understand how the proposed session will support the conference objectives. Selection is competitive, so you must submit a compelling and complete proposal.
Submission Deadline is Sept 13, 2023
We will consider no more than two proposals from each speaker. Please complete a separate application for each proposal. We will not consider incomplete submissions.
Length of Presentation
Presentations are in person, 1 hour, including 15 minutes for questions.
Presentation Description and Learning Outcomes
Describe your presentation and specify up to three expected learning outcomes for attendees using measurable action verbs.These outcomes should be tailored to the audience members. Maximum length is 600 words.
In addition, indicate the session level. Levels are evaluated with respect to attendee experience with a topic as follows:
- Beginner: 0 to 4 years’ experience
- Intermediate: 5 to 10 years’ experience
- Advanced: 10 plus years’ experience
- Executive: Senior safety management
Describe why this topic is relevant to attendees and the profession. Maximum length is 150 words.
Describe (or list) your relevant speaking experience, at ASSP’s annual Professional Development Conference, other society presentations and/or industry presentations in other venues. Maximum length is 300 words.
Offer a brief description of your qualifications that relate to the presentation topic. Maximum length is 600 words. At a minimum, please include:
- Current position
- Certifications and designations
- Contact information (preferred phone number and e-mail) for three references
- Noteworthy articles and publications from the past 3 years (up to 5 items)
Short Description of Your Session
Provide a brief description of the presentation. ASSP staff will use this information to draft a description for conference marketing (e.g., event website, emails). Maximum length is 60 words.
Use these tips to help create an effective description of your session:
- Highlight how the presentation will help an attendee solve a problem, overcome a challenge or launch a new initiative, and how what they will learn will directly impact their work/life.
- Create action-oriented learning objectives.
- Set accurate expectations. Clearly describe what the session will cover and highlight the learning activities an attendee can expect.
- Use active tense. For example, change “Strategies to improve safety management will be examined” to “Learn strategies to improve safety management.”
- Avoid repeating the title in the description and phrases like “In this presentation” or “The presenters will.”
Source: National Association of School Psychologists
ASSP has the sole authority and responsibility for selecting the topics and content of all educational programming it delivers.
We will email notification of acceptance by March 1, 2024.
Our speakers receive a full complimentary conference registration. Travel, lodging and meal expenses are your responsibility.
Submit your proposal
First Time Submitting? Other Questions?
Please contact our professional development team.