Learn About Our Conference
Safety 2020 conference website
Safety 2021 Call for Presenters - CLOSED
ASSP Professional Development Conference and Exposition
Safety 2021 | June 6-9, 2021 - Denver, CO
Safety 2021 Program Objectives
Safety 2021 will provide a forum for occupational safety and health (OSH) professionals to:
- Identify key issues facing OSH professionals
- Expand their knowledge and professional skills
- Prepare for the challenges in the OSH fields
- Engage in the discourse concerning the profession
- Identify emerging issues relevant to the profession
Proposal and Policy Guidelines
ASSP invites those interested in presenting at its 2021 Professional Development Conference to submit a proposal for review by our Conference Planning Committee. Speaker proposals are evaluated objectively with consideration of the following criteria:
- Degree to which the proposed session meets the conference/program objectives
- Speaker's presentation skills and experience
- Desirability of the topic
No more than two proposals (the first two received) from one speaker will be considered. Please complete a separate application for each proposal.
Proposals to present must contain and convey sufficient detail to allow ASSP's Conference Planning Committee to understand how the proposed session will contribute to the conference objectives. Selection is competitive, so you must submit a compelling and complete proposal.
Details to Submit a Proposal
Proposals are due by July 15, 2020. Incomplete submissions will not considered.
Length of Presentation
Presentations are either 1 or 1.25 hours, including 15 minutes for questions.
Describe your presentation and specify expected learning outcomes for attendees. Maximum length is 600 words. Indicate the session level. Levels are evaluated with respect to attendee experience with a topic as follows:
- Beginner: 0 to 4 years’ experience
- Intermediate: 5 to 10 years’ experience
- Advanced: 10 plus years’ experience
- Executive: Senior safety management
Specify one to three primary learning outcomes for your session.
Describe why this topic is relevant to attendees and the profession. Maximum length is 150 words.
Describe (or list) the presenter's relevant speaking experience, at ASSP’s annual Professional Development Conference, other society presentations and/or presentations in other venues. Maximum length is 300 words.
Offer a brief (no more than one page) description of the applicant(s) qualifications that relate to the presentation topic. As a minimum, include:
- Current position
- Certifications, Designations
- Contact information (work phone number and e-mail) for three references
- Noteworthy articles and publications from the past 3 years (up to 5 items)
Provide a 50-word (maximum) description of the presentation to be included in the conference brochure.
To have your proposal considered for sponsorship by an ASSP practice specialty community, common interest group or committee, your proposal must meet the following minimum criteria:
- The topic must be relevant to the mission and activities of the particular group you are seeking sponsorship from
- The topic proposal and the experience of the presenter must be of a high caliber
You may submit no more than two proposals. In addition, you must submit an abbreviated version of your proposal to the sponsoring practice specialty, common interest group or committee for permission prior to listing that group as a sponsor.
It is highly recommended that you submit your request for sponsorship to the practice specialties or common interest groups at least one week prior to the conference deadline so the committee members have sufficient time to review your proposal and respond to you in a timely manner.
Download our session sponsorship instructions
Notification of acceptance will be mailed by Nov. 6, 2020.
Individual speakers (one to two speakers per session) receive a full complimentary conference registration. Group/panel presenters receive a complimentary registration for the day on which they speak and a reduced rate for the balance of the conference. Travel, lodging and meal expenses are the responsibility of the speaker.
Submit your proposal
Please contact ASSP’s Professional Development staff.