Learn About Our Conference
Safety 2022 conference website
Safety 2023 Call for Presenters
ASSP Professional Development Conference and Exposition
Safety 2023 | June 5-7, 2023 - San Antonio, TX and Online
Safety 2023 Program Objectives
Safety 2023 will provide a forum for occupational safety and health (OSH) professionals to:
- Discuss key issues facing OSH professionals
- Expand their knowledge
- Build competencies to face challenges in OSH
- Engage in the discourse concerning the profession
- Identify emerging issues relevant to the profession
Proposal and Policy Guidelines
ASSP invites those interested in presenting at its 2023 Professional Development Conference to submit a proposal for review by our Conference Planning Committee. Speaker proposals are evaluated objectively with emphasis on the following criteria listed in order of significance:
- Degree to which the proposed session meets the conference/program objectives
- Desirability of the topic
- Speaker's presentation skills and experience
Proposals to present must contain and convey sufficient detail to allow ASSP's Conference Planning Committee to understand how the proposed session will contribute to the conference objectives. Selection is competitive, so you must submit a compelling and complete proposal.
Details to Submit a Proposal
Submission Deadline September 28, 2022
No more than two proposals from one speaker will be considered. Please complete a separate application for each proposal. Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
Length of Presentation
Presentations are online or in person, 1 hour, including 15 minutes for questions.
Describe your presentation and specify expected learning outcomes for attendees. Maximum length is 600 words. Indicate the session level. Levels are evaluated with respect to attendee experience with a topic as follows:
- Beginner: 0 to 4 years’ experience
- Intermediate: 5 to 10 years’ experience
- Advanced: 10 plus years’ experience
- Executive: Senior safety management
Specify one to three primary learning outcomes for your session. These outcomes should be tailored to the audience members.
Describe why this topic is relevant to attendees and the profession. Maximum length is 150 words.
Describe (or list) the presenter's relevant speaking experience, at ASSP’s annual Professional Development Conference, other society presentations and/or presentations in other venues. Maximum length is 300 words.
Offer a brief (no more than 600 words) description of the applicant(s) qualifications that relate to the presentation topic. As a minimum, include:
- Current position
- Certifications, Designations
- Contact information (work phone number and e-mail) for three references
- Noteworthy articles and publications from the past 3 years (up to 5 items)
Provide a 50-word (maximum) description of the presentation to be included in the conference brochure.
Notification of acceptance will be emailed no later than February 24, 2023.
Speakers receive a full complimentary conference registration. Travel, lodging and meal expenses are the responsibility of the speaker.
Submit your proposal
Please contact ASSP’s Professional Development staff.