2023 ASSP Safety Professional of the Year
Subba Rao Palagummi, CSP, CMIOSH, F.S. Eng.
Abu Dhabi National Oil Company Onshore
The ASSP Safety Professional of the Year Award
The Safety Professional of the Year Award is presented annually to an ASSP member who demonstrates outstanding achievement in the occupational safety and health (OSH) field while also advancing the OSH profession overall.
View our past recipients
Each recipient receives a $2,000 honorarium and commemorative engraved award.
Eligibility requirements encompass an individual member's:
- Industry and ASSP involvement
- Previous awards
We highly encourage all ASSP chapters, regions, common interest groups and practice specialties to nominate their members for this award. Individuals may also self-nominate.
New for 2024
We have updated the ASSP Safety Professional of the Year Award process:
- Petitioners must use our petition template. We will return submissions that don't follow this format to the petition coordinator for revision.
- Each nominee must submit a personal statement on their view of the practice of safety, stewardship and vision for the future. A nominee can submit a written statement (500 words or less) or video statement (two minutes or less). We do not require both.
- Our updated Guide to Compiling an ASSP SPY Petition contains samples and detailed information on submitting a successful petition.
- Our Technical and Professional Recognition Committee selects the award recipient. Submit your nomination package as a single PDF file to ASSP’s awards team by Nov. 1. Petition and attachments (e.g., letters, forms, table of contents) should not exceed 40 pages.