Section 11.1: Council on Practices and Standards Operating Procedures
I. Council Membership
- The vice president, practices and standards shall serve as chair of the council.
- The council shall be composed of the chair, administrators of the practice specialties and common interest groups, and the chair of the Standards Development Committee.
- The members of the council shall elect a vice chair of the council from among the council members. The council vice chair serves a one-year term and may be re-elected for one additional term.
- The president, president-elect, senior vice president and chief executive officer of the Society shall be ex-officio members of the council.
II. Council Committees
Council committee chairs and members are appointed by the Vice President, Practices & Standards, subject to approval by the Board of Directors.
Standing committees include a Standards Development Committee, Leadership conference committee, future safety leaders conference committee, and community leader training.
III. Council Operations
- The council will primarily meet by teleconference/web conference methods.
- Schedule: The schedule of meetings shall be drawn up by the council chair and agreed to by the Council members.
- Quorum: A quorum exists when at least one-half of the members of the council are present at a meeting, one of whom must be the vice president, practices and standards, or vice chair, who will be the presiding officer. If a quorum is present, a majority vote of members present shall be decisive when a vote is taken.
- Council Business: Official business of the council may be transacted at meetings, conference calls and by ballots.
- Minutes: Minutes will be prepared for each council meeting.
B. Budgeting and Finance
The Council operates within the Society budget, including travel, meeting and staff support expenses. Committees and task forces are funded through specific budget actions of the Board of Directors.
Approved By/Date: Board of Directors | 12/2019
Replaces Edition Dated: 03/2016
Next Revision Due: 12/2022