4.1 Advisory Group Operating Procedures
I. Purpose and Scope
The Advisory Group is a standing committee per the ASSP bylaws. This document provides guidelines for the Advisory Group to carry out its responsibility to the membership in support of ASSP's mission and strategic plan.
Responsibilities of the Advisory Group are as defined in ASSP bylaws.
II. Advisory Group Membership
- Advisory Group member composition is as defined in ASSP bylaws.
- Member-at-large participants must submit to serve on the Advisory Group through the ASSP leadership connection form.
- Only completed submissions will be accepted as members.
- Membership will be granted to submissions first received, on the basis of time stamped entries.
- Members-at-large will not exceed ¼ of the advisory group member composition.
- Members-at-large serve on the advisory group as representatives of ASSP members and OSH professionals. They are not elected as representatives for specific communities, but rather represent the interests of general membership as a whole.
III. Advisory Group Standing Committee Operations Committee
- The Operations Committee will be comprised of 7-9 advisory group members and will be selected by the Advisory Group, confirmed by the Board of Directors.
- Selection of Operations Committee members will follow the current ASSP committee process for application.
- Operations Committee members will serve a three-year term of service and will be responsible for facilitating the Advisory Group. During the first two years of operations, members would serve a staggered term to align to ASSP’s standard of 1/3 rotation each year.
- Specific responsibilities would include:
- Coordinate and facilitate Advisory Group meetings.
- Track outcomes and hold the Advisory Group accountable for deliverables.
- Produce a key performance indicators report to the Board of Directors (June/December).
IV. Advisory Group Operations
- Schedule: The Operations Committee shall assist the Board of Directors in scheduling the quarterly meetings with input from the Advisory Group.
- Meeting Agendas: The Board of Directors and Operations Committee will co-create each meeting agenda with input from the Advisory Group.
- Group Business: The group may transact official business at meetings, conference calls and by ballots.
- Minutes: Minutes will be prepared for each official meeting.
- Reports: Advisory Group members will receive a Board update report as an outcome of each Board of Directors meeting. The Advisory Group will submit a standing committee report to the Board of Directors twice a year.
B. Budgeting and Finance
- The Advisory Group operates within the Society budget, including operating cost and staff support expenses.
- Expenses for non-operating cost are funded through specific budget actions as part of ASSP’s annual business planning process.
- Annual expenses are confirmed by ASSP’s Finance Committee and approved by the Board of Directors.
Approved By | Date: Board of Directors
Replaces House of Delegates SOG
Next Revision Due: 06/2023