ASSP New Professional Task Force – Opportunity!
Purpose of the task force: ASSP Communities are a valuable source of education and networking for our 37,000 members. The Council on Region Affairs, the governing body that supports ASSP local Chapter Communities, is creating a workgroup comprised of new professionals in the OSH profession to ensure this value continues.
We are looking for 7 – 10 ASSP members who have been in the profession five year or less. This workgroup will be tasked with developing recommendations for ASSP Chapters to increase new professional participation at local Chapter meetings.
- Identify value, needs, and barriers for new professional engagement at the local level.
- Develop recommendations and possibly test solutions to increase new professional engagement with local ASSP Chapters, including programming, offerings, and structural changes.
- Participate in conference calls, discussion, and engagement with local chapter leaders.
Benefits to Members:
- Gain leadership skills and experience
- Expand network within ASSP
- Influence change within your local ASSP Community
- Contribute to the growth and development of ASSP
- Estimated 3 – 5 hours per month, including a one-hour monthly task force virtual meeting.
Term of office:
- Until the development and delivery of the task force recommendations to the ASSP Council on Region Affairs; anticipated June 2019.
- Member of ASSP in good standing
- Any ASSP member, who has been in the profession 5 years or less.