Certificate in Managed Fall Protection
All ASSP certificate programs are designed so professionals can take a series of courses related to certain occupational safety and health (OSH) topics or concepts, then master those areas and gain expertise. As falls continue to be leading cause of on-the-job injuries and fatalities, expertise in managed fall protection can be critically important. This program covers the ANSI/ASSP Z359 Fall Protection Code in depth, as well as other relevant fall protection issues. Note: This is not intended to be competent or qualified person fall protection training.
What You Will Learn
Complete the ASSP Managed Fall Protection Certificate Program and learn to:
- Establish guidelines and requirements for a managed fall protection program
- Eliminate or establish controls for fall hazards
- Develop a procedure for fall protection system use and rescue
- Demonstrate the tasks necessary to manage an incident investigation
- Evaluate the effectiveness of a managed fall protection program
To obtain this certificate, complete all required coursework within two years, including:
Mandatory Course (2.1 CEUs)
Elective Courses (1.4 CEUs)
You can earn the 14 hours of electives needed to complete the CEU requirement for the certificate at the following ASSP events:
How to Earn ASSP's Managed Fall Protection Program Certificate
Complete within two years:
- Submit request for certificate to email@example.com. Please provide:
- The name of the certificate program you've completed
- Your ASSP ID #
- Your name as you'd like them to appear on your certificate
- Your mailing address, daytime telephone number and email address
- Any supporting documentation
NOTE: Only ASSP LearnEx courses, ASSP face-to-face courses, and ASSP webinars and virtual symposia can be counted toward ASSP certificate program electives. The ASSP Professional Development Conference, and programs delivered by ASSP regions or chapters or other organizations are not eligible to satisfy elective requirements.
Why Earn a Professional Certificate From ASSP?
ASSP has a long-standing reputation for delivering top-quality OSH education and training that members can immediately put into practice — giving you an advantage in your workplace, in your industry and in the safety profession.
- Further your education to signify a commitment to your profession, potentially opening the door for more opportunities and higher earnings with your current or potential employers
- Acquire an area of technical OSH expertise, and become an indispensable asset and valuable resource to your team or future team
- Quickly expand your professional network by learning alongside other safety professionals while obtaining your certificates