Managed Fall Protection
All ASSP certificate programs are designed so professionals can take a series of courses related to certain occupational safety and health (OSH) topics or concepts, then master those areas and gain expertise. As falls continue to a leading cause of on-the-job injuries and fatalities, expertise in managed fall protection can be critically important. This program covers the ANSI/ASSP Z359 Fall Protection Code in depth, as well as other relevant fall protection issues. Note: This is not intended to be competent or qualified person fall protection training.
What You Will Learn
Complete the ASSP Managed Fall Protection Certificate Program and learn to:
- Establish guidelines and requirements for a managed fall protection program
- Eliminate or establish controls for fall hazards
- Develop a procedure for fall protection system use and rescue
- Demonstrate the tasks necessary to manage an incident investigation
- Evaluate the effectiveness of a managed fall protection program
To obtain this certificate, complete all required coursework within two years, including:
Mandatory Courses (2.1 CEUs)
Elective Courses (1.4 CEUs)
You can earn the 14 hours of electives needed to complete the CEU requirement for the certificate at the following ASSP events:
How to Earn ASSP's Managed Fall Protection Program Certificate
Complete within two years:
- Final Essay
- Submit request for certificate to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide:
- The name of the certificate program you've completed
- Your ASSP ID #
- Your name and credentials as you'd like them to appear on your certificate
- Your mailing address
- Any supporting documentation
NOTE: Only ASSP LearnEx courses, ASSP face-to-face courses, and ASSP webinars and virtual symposia can be counted toward ASSP certificate program electives.
Why Earn a Professional Certificate From ASSP?
ASSP has a long-standing reputation for delivering top-quality OSH education and training that members can immediately put into practice — giving you an advantage in your workplace, in your industry and in the safety profession.
- Further your education to signify a commitment to your profession, potentially opening the door for more opportunities and higher earnings with your current or potential employers
- Acquire an area of technical OSH expertise, and become an indispensable asset and valuable resource to your team or future team
- Quickly expand your professional network by learning alongside other safety professionals while obtaining your certificates