SafetyFOCUS Fall (October 24-28, 2022)
SafetyFOCUS Winter (February 2023)
Pre/Post Conference (June 2023)
Our education events provide OSH professionals an opportunity to:
- Explore emerging issues relevant to the profession
- Expand their knowledge and professional skills
- Develop strategies for overcoming OSH challenges
- Engage in discussions that advance the profession
Course Proposal Guidelines and Policies
We invite you to submit a course proposal for review by our Council on Professional Development. Courses range from half-day to three days.
As part of an objective evaluation process, our expert panel considers these criteria:
- Degree to which the proposed course meets our education objectives
- Instructor's presentation skills and teaching experience
- Interest in/need for the topic within the profession
Course proposals are due by Friday, May 6, 2022. Please complete a separate application for each course you are proposing. We will consider up to four proposals per instructor. We will not consider incomplete submissions.
For each proposed course, please take these steps:
- Describe the course and provide a daily outline based on the course length
- Indicate the knowledge level—beginner, intermediate, advanced, or executive—expected of learners who attend the course
- Specify three to five primary learning outcomes using action verbs describing what learners will be able to do because of attending your course
- Explain why the topic is relevant to the OSH profession
- Describe your experience with the topic
- Explain your qualifications related to the course topic (two pages maximum) and include your name, education, current position and certifications/designations, and highlight up to five noteworthy articles and publications from the past three years
- List your relevant experience presenting courses lasting one day or more at one of our events.
- If you have not delivered a course at one of our education events, provide a link (from YouTube, Vimeo, or a similar platform) to a three-minute video showcasing your teaching style
We will notify you of acceptance via e-mail by Friday, June 3, 2022.
Submit your proposal
Please contact our professional development team.