SafetyFOCUS 2021 | February 13-20, 2021 | Las Vegas, NV
SafetyFOCUS provides a forum for occupational safety and health (OSH) professionals to:
- Identify emerging issues relevant to the profession
- Expand their knowledge and professional skills
- Prepare for the challenges in the OSH fields
- Engage in the discourse concerning the profession
Course Proposal Guidelines and Policies
We invite you to submit a proposal to teach a course at SafetyFOCUS 2021 for review by our Council on Professional Development. Courses span one day, two days or three days, and run from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. each day with one-hour lunch and breaks.
In objectively evaluating instructor proposals, our expert panel considers the following criteria:
- Degree to which the proposed course meets our program objectives
- Instructor's presentation skills and teaching experience
- Interest in/need for the topic within the profession
Proposals are due by March 27, 2020. Please complete a separate application for each course proposed. We will consider no more than four proposals from one instructor. We will not consider incomplete submissions.
For each proposed course, you will need to:
- Describe the course and provide a daily outline based on the course length
- Indicate the knowledge level—beginner, intermediate, advanced, executive—expected of learners who attend the course
- Specify three to five primary learning outcomes using action verbs to describe what attendees will be able to do as a result of attending your class
- Explain why the topic is relevant to the safety profession
- Describe your experience with the topic
- Describe your qualifications related to the course topic (two pages maximum) that includes your name, education, current position, certifications/designations, and noteworthy articles and publications from the past three years (up to five items)
- List your relevant experience presenting at least a one-day course at ASSP’s annual SafetyFOCUS event, or through other ASSP courses and/or courses in other venues
- If you have not delivered a course at an ASSP education event, provide a link (from YouTube, Vimeo or a similar platform) to a three-minute video showcasing your teaching style
We will notify you of acceptance via e-mail by May 20, 2020.
Submit your proposal
Please contact ASSP’s Professional Development staff.