About This Course
This course prepares you to pass the Board of Certified Safety Professional's Safety Management Specialist (SMS) certification exam. It follows the five SMS exam domains and reinforces safety management concepts through presentation, activities, discussion and practice questions.
What You Will Learn
By taking this course to prepare for the SMS exam, you will learn to:
- Form the foundation of knowledge and skills required for the certification
- Practice valuable success strategies for passing the exam
- Recognize safety management system concepts
- Identify risk management concepts
- Address physical, chemical, ergonomics and workplace safety issues to recognize and control those stressors
- Apply incident investigation and emergency preparedness concepts to calculate incident and injury rates
- Effectively communicate business impact of safety issues to upper management
Register for our SMS course
ASSP members receive discounts on registration fees and materials. Course participants will receive:
- 2.1 CEUs
- Workbooks and practice problems
- Suggested resources and study aids
- Guidance on areas where you need additional study
Join ASSP to save
This three-day course consists of lectures, sample problems and discussions on a variety of subjects to prepare you to pass the exam. Class begins promptly at 8:00 a.m. and concludes at 4:30 p.m. each day, with beverage breaks provided in between.
Find a course near you
Want to Register for a Course Happening Today?
Class size is limited. Please contact ASSP before coming to determine if an opening is available.
Whenever possible, accommodations will be made for registrants with special needs, provided ASSP receives notice 45 days in advance. Please write a letter of explanation, your name and phone number, and attach to the course registration form. ASSP will contact you.