What You Will Learn
We will cover the following topics to help you prepare for the SMS certification exam:
- Communicate the business impact of safety to upper management using tools such as cost/benefit analyses, cost indicators and budgets.
- Practice valuable success strategies for passing the exam.
- Recognize OSH management system tools, including key performance indicators, prioritization and safety training needs assessments.
- Identify risk management concepts such as hazard prevention and control, job hazard analysis, prevention through design, liability, insurance and risk reduction through the hierarchy of controls.
- Address physical, chemical, ergonomic and workplace safety issues to recognize and control stressors.
- Apply incident investigation and emergency preparedness concepts to calculate incident and injury rates.
The ASSP Advantage - 100% Course Guarantee
We are so confident our course is effective that we guarantee success on the exam. If you don’t pass, retake the same course for FREE.*
Our Safety Management Specialist (SMS) certification exam preparation course was developed by industry-leading instructors:
- Paul Zoubek, CSP, CIH, CESCP, president, Zoubek Consulting LLC
- Paul Esposito, CSP, CIH, president and owner, STAR Consultants Inc.
- James "Skipper" Kendrick, CSP, CIT, FASSP, president, Kendrick Global Enterprises LLC
It will help you assess your current understanding of the content, identify where you need to focus your self-study and help you find the right answers.
*Applicable to participants who attend our ASP, CSP, CHST, OHST and SMS certification exam preparation courses and sit for the exam within one year of attending. This guarantee is not valid on courses hosted by our chapters or regions.
All participants are welcome. Please let us know of any accommodations that would make your experience better when you register.