Pat’s safety career began as a front-line supervisor with safety as a collateral duty and now involves advising senior leaders on strategies to reduce risk. His experience includes over 20 years in the corporate safety departments of two Fortune 200 companies and the Federal government. Pat currently works as an independent safety and health consultant specializing in strategic safety planning, safety leadership workshops, and motivational speaking.
Pat’s professional safety career includes:
- Co-founder of Nito Solutions, LLC. Exam prep workshops for CSP and ASP certifications.
- Sr Director of Safety with EEC Environmental.
- Safety Manager at ARAMARK Corporation Safety & Risk Control Department. Responsibilities include working with senior leadership to develop strategies and tactics to reduce the risk of injury, environmental exposure, and foodborne illnesses.
- Safety and Health contractor to the Transportation Security Administration, where he managed a team responsible for compliance at all US airports in the southeast region.
- Safety Manager at Delta Air Lines Corporate Safety Department. Responsibilities include investigating serious accidents, developing procedures and training, identifying trends and developing mitigation strategies, and assisting with OSHA VPP applications.
Pat is a successful speaker and has spoken on safety and health at numerous local, regional and national conferences. Pat is a Past President of the American Society Safety Professionals (ASSP) Philadelphia chapter and Area Director for the ASSP Keystone (Pennsylvania) Area for 2017-2022.
Since 1996, when I first became a member of ASSP, I have learned, grown personally and professionally, and met many like-minded safety pros. I benefitted from my involvement in ASSP and the safety pros volunteering their time. My association with ASSP has punctuated the gratification I have experienced in the safety and health profession. As Region Vice President, I will provide that experience to the Region VIII Area Directors and Chapters.
I have served as Vice President, President-Elect, and President of the Philadelphia Chapter and, most recently, as the Area Director for the Keystone Area. Before becoming a full-time safety professional, I was a front-line supervisor with safety as a collateral duty. I have worked in the corporate safety office of two Fortune 500 companies and the federal government. I am currently an independent safety consultant.