Connie L. Muncy, MS, CIH, CUSP, REM
Position: Vice President, Practices and Standards
Connie L. Muncy, MS, CIH, CUSP, REM is a Certified Industrial Hygienist, Certified Utility Safety Professional, and Registered Environmental Manager, who serves as a Corporate Safety Manager for NAES Corporation, served from 2017-2019 as the Administrator of the American Society of Safety Professionals’ (ASSP) Utilities Practice Specialty and the Vice-Chair of the ASSP Council on Practice Specialties. Degrees include a BS Chemistry (Wright State University) and MS EHS Management (University of Findlay). Connie has published several articles in peer-reviewed technical publications; is a frequent speaker at the National Safety conferences; is a recipient of the 2012 Dayton Affiliates Society Council Award for Excellence in Technical Leadership; and is an Honoree of both the 2013 Dayton Daily News Top Ten Women, and ASSP’s “100 Women Making a Difference in Safety Engineering”. Ms. Muncy has also served as Chair of the Dayton Miami Valley Safety Council and the Montgomery/Greene County Local Emergency Response Council and has received a Chapter Safety Professional of the Year Award from KittyHawk Chapter.
If elected as CoPS Vice President, it would be my sincere privilege to optimize:
- Tapping into the membership more, increasing membership volunteerism, and getting more of the members involved in a variety of ways. This is key in growing any volunteer organization and preventing stagnation.
- Strategically optimizing value to the membership.
- Working strategically to identify new ways to increase overall membership.
- Work to appeal to EHS professionals of all generations.
- Making optimal use of today’s technology
- Insuring diversity AND INCLUSION genuinely in our membership to benefit from different perspectives brought to the table.
- Optimizing opportunities to interface with the other Councils and finding new synergies there.
- Encourage the practice specialties to more actively seek out media and PR opportunities, working with Society liaisons for same, where appropriate.