NIOSH published a Federal Register notice requesting information on the needs and challenges in personal protective equipment (PPE) use for underserved user populations. These populations may include workers who are of an atypical size; who are members of a gender, racial, ethnic or linguistic minority group; who conduct nontraditional worker activities; or who are members of subdisciplines that are not the primary focus of the current PPE activities within their larger field.
In particular, NIOSH is interested in hearing from individuals/organizations who:
- Advocate for these worker populations
- Actively conduct PPE research, services or policymaking for these worker populations
- Plan to conduct PPE research, services or policymaking for these worker populations
- Have direct knowledge about research, service or policy gaps affecting these worker populations
- Experienced PPE use, availability, accessibility, acceptability or knowledge issues as a current or former PPE user
Comments are due by Aug. 23, 2021.