Section 5.3: E-Mail Motions
- Complete motions, recommendations and proposals form.
- Send a copy of the form to the president and copy the chief executive officer and governance manager. If the e-motion comes from the Executive Committee, a council or board standing committee, it does not require a second. All other e-motions require a second. If the e-motion meets these requirements, the governance manager shall distribute to the body of voters for a review and comment period. Board members may comment on the e-motion and should copy the Board of Directors.
- Board members may vote during the review and comment period, but no votes are final until that period ends. In other words, votes cast during the review and comment period may be changed. If two board members request the vote be tabled, the matter will be removed from e-mail consideration and placed on the next board meeting agenda.
- Once the review and comment period has concluded, an e-motion voting period of no less than 24 hours shall commence as set forth in the e-mail communication.
- Extensions to the ballot return deadline are permitted only by the president or president-elect if acting under bylaws Article VIII, Section 8(B).
- The votes are compiled and the Board of Directors are notified of the motion’s outcome.
Approved By | Date:
Board of Directors | 12/2019
Replaces Edition Dated:
Next Revision Due: 12/22