About ASSP’s Annual Future Safety Leaders Conference
This conference is an annual two-day event where practicing safety professionals educate, develop and mentor a select group of ASSP student members, helping them kickstart their careers and transition from student life to employment in the occupational safety and health (OSH) field.
How to Apply
Complete and email the student essay worksheet to your student section faculty advisor (students not in a student section should email this document to a faculty member) no later than
September 6, 2018.
Please fill out the attendee selection worksheet and submit the essay for your students when prompted in the online form no later than September 13, 2018.
Faculty advisors may also utilize the faculty advisor ranking rubric, an optional tool provided to assist in the completion of the attendee selection worksheet.
Who Should Attend?
ASSP student members who are ready to transition from campus life to working in the safety profession should apply to attend this conference. A committee of ASSP members selects the approximately 150 student members invited to participate.
Why Attend the Future Safety Leaders Conference?
Geared toward OSH students looking to transition into their careers, the Future Safety Leaders Conference offers unique opportunities to:
- Network for the purpose of seeking out employment opportunities
- Learn how to be an effective leader and communicator
- Engage in roundtable discussions with experienced safety professionals
- Gain career advice from ASSP leaders and top employers
- Hone your resume writing and interview skills with resume critiques and mock interviews
- Explore options for advanced degrees, certifications, internships and employment
Students are responsible for all transportation costs and arrangements. Your hotel room is free of charge to you for two nights. Hotel rooms are double rooms that will be shared by student attendees of the same gender. Some local chapters offer scholarships to attend the conference. Talk to your faculty advisor or local chapter officers about this.