With year-end holidays upon us, OSHA is reminding employers to take some simple steps to keep workers stay safe and healthy, especially given the unrelenting COVID-19 pandemic.
The agency’s new video highlights five steps your organization can take this holiday season to keep your workers and the public safe.
- Train workers on safe practices
- Maintain physical distancing between workers and customers
- Encourage workers to stay home if they are sick
- Clean and disinfect work surfaces and equipment
- Encourage workers to report any safety and health concerns
Taking each step can help protect workers and help them avoid hazards. Visit OSHA’s COVID-19 webpage to find more resources for addressing the virus in the workplace.
A COVID-19 Update With ASSP President Deb Roy
OSHA Issues Guidance on COVID-19 Related Inspections
Three Keys to Addressing COVID-19 in the Workplace
CDC Issues Guidance for Cleaning and Disinfecting Workplaces
COVID-19: Return-to-Work Strategies