American Society of Safety Professionals is your source for insights on trends in the safety profession, including developments in safety management, worker safety, government and regulatory affairs and standards.
With year-end holidays upon us, OSHA is reminding employers to take some simple steps to keep workers stay safe and healthy, especially given the unrelenting COVID-19 pandemic.
The agency’s new video highlights five steps your organization can take this holiday season to keep your workers and the public safe.
- Train workers on safe practices
- Maintain physical distancing between workers and customers
- Encourage workers to stay home if they are sick
- Clean and disinfect work surfaces and equipment
- Encourage workers to report any safety and health concerns
Taking each step can help protect workers and help them avoid hazards. Visit OSHA’s COVID-19 webpage to find more resources for addressing the virus in the workplace.
A COVID-19 Update With ASSP President Deb Roy
OSHA Issues Guidance on COVID-19 Related Inspections
Three Keys to Addressing COVID-19 in the Workplace
CDC Issues Guidance for Cleaning and Disinfecting Workplaces
COVID-19: Return-to-Work Strategies