Updated Sept. 9, 2022
We are accredited by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). We comply with the ANSI/IACET standard, which is recognized internationally as a standard of excellence in instructional practices. As a result of this accreditation, we are authorized to issue IACET continuing education units (CEUs). To receive CEUs, attendees need to participate and complete all the activities and assignments for the courses they attend.
Payment for all online and in-person courses, as well as for our larger educational events such as the annual professional development conference and SafetyFOCUS, is due when you register. ASSP does not accept purchase orders for individual course registration.
Please contact our sales/customer service team at +1 (847) 699-2929 about using a purchase order when registering a group to attend an event such as SafetyFOCUS or the annual professional development conference.
- We will grant full refunds to those who submit written requests within 10 business days of the start date of the course by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Learners who register but do not attend their course, or who attempt to cancel after the deadline, will not receive a refund.
- If learning resources such as standards or videos are included in the registration price of your course, and you access those resources using your ASSP My Learning account prior to the course’s start date, you will be ineligible for a refund.
- We charge a $25 processing fee for substitutions.
- Submit substitutions in writing within 10 business days of the start date of the course by emailing email@example.com. If pricing for the new attendee changes the total cost of attending the event, we will charge or refund you the difference.
- We reserve the right to cancel any course at any time and to substitute faculty should unforeseen events occur.
- If, for any reason, we must cancel a course or event, liability is limited solely to the registration fees paid.
- We are not responsible for other expenses incurred, including travel and accommodation fees for in-person courses.
- We reserve the right to alter or remove items from the program.
- Our learning materials have been prepared for the professional development of our members and others in the occupational safety and health community. We cannot guarantee that the use of these materials will be adequate to discharge the legal or professional liability of the members in the conduct of their practices.
- The materials used in the preparation and delivery of most of our courses are original, created by ASSP in collaboration with a subject matter expert. As such, all applicable copyrights, trade secrets, and other intellectual property rights are and remain with ASSP.
- For select courses, the instructors have all right and authority to use and/or reproduce learning materials in connection with their presentation. Subject to the rights granted in our instructor agreement, instructors retain all applicable copyrights, trade secrets, and other intellectual property rights in these materials.
- Please include any physical or dietary special requests in your online registration form. Whenever possible, we will accommodate your needs.
- By registering for our professional development events, you consent to the use and distribution of your image or voice in photographs, videos, audio, and other electronic reproductions of our events and activities.
- You will need access to a laptop or desktop computer with a reliable internet connection to complete the work assigned in our online courses.
- While you will be able to view the content on a smart phone or tablet, you may not be able to complete all assignments.
Please contact our customer service team with any questions or concerns: E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org; call +1 847-699-2929.