Certificate in Risk Assessment
All ASSP certificate programs are designed so professionals can take a series of courses related to certain occupational safety and health (OSH) topics or concepts and then master those areas, and gain expertise. The ASSP Risk Assessment Certificate program focuses on hazard identification, risk analysis and risk evaluation — helping you to proactively manage risk and improve outcomes.
What You Will Learn
Complete the ASSP Risk Assessment Certificate Program and learn to:
- Implement the steps of the risk assessment process
- Conduct a risk assessment leading to the identification and prioritization of your organization’s hazards and controls
- Influence management to support risk reduction plans and efforts
- Measure the effectiveness of the risk assessment process and outcomes to support your organization’s objectives
To obtain the Risk Assessment Certificate, complete all 40 hours of required coursework within two years, including:
Mandatory Course (2.1 CEUs)
Elective Courses (1 CEU)
The 10 hours of electives needed to complete the CEU requirement for the certificate can be earned at the following ASSP events:
Final Project (.9 CEU)
The final project is designed to measure what you have learned in the three-day workshop. The goal of this project is also practical, allowing you to complete a risk assessment that is tailored to your organization or a client’s organization. .9 CEU applicable only toward certificate.
Complete within two years:
- Final Project (.9 CEU)
- Submit request for certificate to email@example.com. Please provide:
- The name of the certificate program you've completed
- Your ASSP ID #
- Your name as you'd like them to appear on your certificate
- Your mailing address, daytime telephone number and email address
- Any supporting documentation
NOTE: Only ASSP LearnEx courses, ASSP face-to-face courses, and ASSP webinars and virtual symposia can be counted toward ASSP certificate program electives. The ASSP Professional Development Conference, and programs delivered by ASSP regions or chapters or other organizations are not eligible to satisfy elective requirements.
Why Earn a Professional Certificate From ASSP?
ASSP has a long-standing reputation for delivering top-quality safety education and training that members can immediately put into practice — giving you an advantage in your career, in your workplace and in your industry.
- Further your education to signify a commitment to your profession, potentially opening the door for more opportunities and higher earnings, with current or potential employers
- Acquire an area of technical OSH expertise, and become an indispensable asset and valuable resource to your team or future team
- Quickly expand your professional network by learning alongside other safety professionals while obtaining your certificate