About ASSP’s DEI Summit
Jan. 26, 2023 | Online | Free
ASSP’s DEI Summit is an opportunity for OSH professionals to assemble for a free, one-day virtual event to discuss the current state of diversity, equity and inclusion. The DEI Summit will bring together, listen to and incorporate a wide range of perspectives, as well as provide a safer space to discuss creating a more inclusive culture – all with the goal of helping the safety profession create safer workplaces.
Registration is closed, as this event is now at capacity. We look forward to connecting with registered attendees on Jan. 26.
Who Should Attend?
The DEI Summit is open to safety professionals of all levels interested in supporting diversity, equity and inclusion in their workplace and the safety profession.
Why Attend the DEI Summit?
Attendees will interact with peers and discuss DEI issues facing the industry today. Sessions will address DEI concepts in relation to the OSH profession and aspects of workplace safety such as safety culture, psychology, training and performance. After attending the Summit, you will be able to:
- Define key concepts related to DEI
- Describe how DEI impacts safety in organizations and the OSH profession
- Identify concrete actions to create a more inclusive safety culture
- Earn up to 2 continuing education units
All sessions are listed in Central Time.
- 10 - 11:30 a.m. - Kickoff and Keynote Address
- 11:45 a.m. - 12:45 p.m. - Concurrent Sessions 1
- 12:45 - 1:30 p.m. - Lunch and Sharing with ASSP Board of Directors and DEI Summit Task Force
- 1:30 - 2:30 p.m. - Concurrent Sessions 2
- 2:45 - 3:45 p.m. - Concurrent Sessions 3
- 4 - 5 p.m. - Ask Me Anything with Keynote Speaker Deanna Singh
Actions Speak Louder
Keynote Speaker Deanna Singh
During this learning experience, Deanna Singh will guide you through the process of moving past the status quo as a safety leader in your workplace. Through the power of storytelling, sharing practical tips and individual reflection, you will identify ways to positively impact the future of your organization and recognize the potential of your actions.
Deanna Singh is internationally recognized for her work exploring the intersection of leadership and diversity, equity and inclusion. A business consultant, speaker and host of the "Uplifting Impact" podcast, she empowers others to create more equitable and inclusive work environments and engage more authentically in their communities.
Questions About the DEI Summit?
Contact Us Using This Form and Our Team Will Be Happy to Assist You