As the Society year draws to a close, take some time to start planning for a smooth transition.
Transition meetings are a powerful way to ensure that your new board members (and section leaders, if your chapter has sections) has the information and tools they need to continue to serve and grow chapter members.
Transition meetings typically take place in June and include:
- A review of roles and responsibilities, including key dates like the schedule of chapter meetings and deadlines for submitting reports to Society.
- An overview of the chapter’s plans and budgets, including the transfer of all relevant documents.
- Planning for the transition of chapter accounts, including mailing addresses, bank signatories, website and email log-in and others.
- Discussion of who will get to attend Leadership Conference, October 4-6, 2018, at the Marriott O’Hare in Chicago, IL.
- An introduction to chapter culture, including expectations and interests from members and how the chapter provides a personalized and welcoming environment for everyone.
- Details about the chapter’s installation ceremony where outgoing leaders are thanked for their service and incoming leaders are welcomed into their new roles.
Find additional information about transition meetings in the Chapter Leadership Training section
of our Community Leader Resources site.