It seems appropriate to celebrate the change in leadership of the Training and Communications Practice Specialty with the changing seasons.
Thanks to Michael Coleman for his two years as our administrator. I learned many aspects of volunteer leadership from him and wish him well in his future ASSP endeavors. Let's also welcome Marilyn Hubner as our Assistant Administrator.
We have an excellent and engaged volunteer Advisory Committee. Help us round out that group by volunteering to serve as our professional development chair. Let me know if you're interested in this role.
I invite you to attend our next two virtual Advisory Committee meetings:
- Oct. 11, 2018 | 1:00 p.m. - 1:40 p.m. (PST)
- Dec. 13, 2018 | 1:00 p.m. -1:40 p.m. (PST)
Contact me to participate.
Jeff Dalto and I will present “22 Ways to Make Safety Learning Stick” on Nov. 13, 2018, at 3:00 p.m. (CST). We presented on this topic at the 2018 Washington State Governor’s Industrial Safety and Health Conference and are working on an article for Professional Safety.
We are considering a book proposal project related to best practices in safety training, safety communications and instructional design. We want to present real-world applications, practical knowledge, worksheets, stories, case studies and other resources that OSH professionals can use in practice. If you have knowledge, skill, ability and interest supporting this proposed project, please send me the following information:
- Your name and contact/organizational information
- Proposed topic(s) for the chapter or section in the book
- Your qualifications to write on the proposed topic
- Brief description of how practicing safety professionals can benefit from this information.
- Please include "TCPS Book Proposal Interest – [Name]” in the subject line
Thank you for your continued support and participation in the Training and Communications Practice Specialty.