Several ASSP members were recently appointed to the U.S. Department of Labor’s Advisory Committee on Construction Safety and Health (ACCSH). The committee advises the OSHA Administrator on construction safety and health standards and policy matters.
Each of the 15 committee members serves a 2-year term, and represent employers, employees, federal and state agencies, and the public. Seven of the 15 committee members are ASSP members.
ASSP members newly appointed to ACCSH are:
- Fravel E. Combs, Corporate Manager, EHS, M.A. Mortenson Co.; member, Greater Tidewater Chapter, Construction Practice Specialty
- Wesley L. Wheeler, National Director of Safety, National Electrical Contractors Association; member, National Capital Chapter
- Christopher A. Fought, Global Construction and North America Contractor Safety Manager, General Motors LLC; member, Greater West Virginia Chapter, Construction, Consultants and Management practice specialties
ASSP members reappointed to ACCSH are:
- Kevin R. Cannon, CSP, Senior Director, Safety and Health Services, Associated General Contractors of America (ACCSH chair); professional member, NOVA Chapter
- Cindy DePrater, Senior Vice President, Chief Environmental, Health and Safety Officer, Turner Construction Co.; member, Southwest Chapter, Construction and Environmental practice specialities
- R. Ronald Sokol, CSP, FASSP, President and CEO, Safety Council of Texas City; professional member, Gulf Coast Chapter, Construction Practice Specialty Advisory Committee
- Charles N. Stribling, CSP, OSH Federal-State Coordinator, Kentucky Labor Cabinet, Department of Workplace Standards; professional member, Louisville Chapter, Public Sector Practice Specialty
Learn more about ACCSH here.