ASSP's practice specialties and common interest groups regularly host webinars and open calls, which are open to all ASSP members and nonmembers. The goal is to provide educational discussions for participants, as well as to share the benefits of these networking groups.
Following are a few of the webinars slated for February 2021:
- Our Environmental Practice Specialty will host a webinar titled “Asbestos: A Never-Ending Epidemic,” on Friday, Feb. 5 at 1:00 p.m. CST. This webinar discusses the history of asbestos use and regulations, continuous mining and manufacturing of asbestos and the consequences, and disposal options for asbestos and asbestos-containing materials.
- Our Management Practice Specialty will host a session titled “Navigating Your Way Through the Profession: Watercooler Chat,” on Tuesday, Feb. 9 at 2:00 p.m. CST. Leadership expert and OSH professional Pete Susca will guide attendees through a series of questions and small group conversations on how we approach work and share practices designed to increase your organizational savvy.
- Our Healthcare and Industrial Hygiene practice specialties will host a webinar titled “Respiratory Protection: Meeting the Challenges of New Pandemics, Disrupted Supply Lines and Other Changes,” on Friday, Feb. 12 at 1:00 p.m. CST. Learn critical respiratory protection information from subject matter expert Dave Thomas.
- Our Public Sector and Risk Management practice specialties will host a webinar titled “Aging Workforce: Understanding the Challenges of a Changing Workforce,” on Friday, Feb. 19 at 11:30 a.m. CST. Learn about how to navigate the changing demographics in the U.S. workforce, with topics such as the impact on workers’ compensation costs, the role of comorbidities and rethinking the work environment with the aging worker in mind.
- Our Ergonomics Practice Specialty will host a webinar titled “Cross Collaboration Across Industries for Inclusive Design: How to Make an Impact for People With Disabilities,” on Friday, Feb. 26 at noon CST. Learn how to apply inclusive design principles and optimize cross-collaboration efforts.
For questions about practice specialties, contact Char Haguewood, ASSP's manager, practice specialties, at (847) 768-3436. For questions about common interest groups, contact Ashleigh Brookshaw, ASSP's manager, community engagement, at (847) 768-3441.