ASSP’s SafetyFOCUS 2021 event (Feb. 8-12 and 15-19) is a special learning experience designed to connect OSH professionals with industry experts who will share the latest knowledge and strategies. Attendees can earn up to 7 CEUs while making lasting professional connections and absorbing relevant information they can immediately implement in their organizations. The areas of focus include safety management systems, risk assessment and management, fall protection, construction, ergonomics, certification preparation, training and education, business and leadership skills, and personal development.
The 2 weeks of immersive learning will kick off with a fun, interactive SafetyFOCUS Connect event on Feb. 5. Build lasting connections at this event, focused on career, networking and real-life scenarios. Participate in roundtable discussions, ask-the-expert sessions and more. Gather new ideas to help apply what you’ve learned and improve safety at your organization.
- Join us for a morning coffee networking event followed by a keynote presentation by Anil Mathur, Public Director of ASSP’s Board of Directors and longtime president and CEO of Alaska Tanker Co.
- Attend ask-the-expert sessions with various subject matter experts. ASSP President Deborah R. Roy, M.P.H., R.N., CSP, COHN-S, CIT, FASSP, FAAOHN, will apply her decade of experience in pandemic planning and response at work sites to discuss COVID-19 and OSH professionals. James Howe, CSP, influencer and driver for ISO 45001 and member of ASSP’s Council on Professional Development and Standards Development committees, will discuss ISO 45001 and ANSI/ASSP Z10.0. Rosa Antonia Carrillo, M.S.O.D., president of Carrillo & Associates and author of The Relationship Factor in Safety Leadership, will discuss psychological safety, inclusion and belonging. Wyatt Bradbury, CSP, ASP, CHST, CIT, Assistant Regional Vice President—Communications for Region VI, adjunct professor at University of Alabama at Birmingham and author of several OSH-related articles, will discuss retaining young professionals.
- Join discussions on working during COVID-19 with Amazon, understanding how to protect workers with Dräger, and navigating the changing world of respiratory PPE with Grainger.
- Hone your résumé writing and interview skills with tutorials and mock interviews. Gain career advice from employers and safety leaders with lessons on using social media and managing budgets.
- And at the end of the day, relax with friends while joining an expert sommelier for a lesson on all things wine.