This week’s Safety News You Need link roundup will help you learn more about digital eye strain, weather emergencies, essential worker needs, OSHA’s regulatory agenda and COVID-19 vaccinations.
- With work-from-home arrangements continuing across the country — and likely to be a permanent change for some people — American Academy of Ophthalmology offers some practical tips to help workers avoid digital eye strain. Read more
- Tornado season has begun, and Accuweather meteorologists are forecasting increased activity this year. Here’s why it’s important to conduct a weather hazard risk assessment and drills to prepare for weather-related emergencies. Read more
- American Psychological Association’s Stress in America survey found that 75% of essential workers wish they had received more emotional support from their employers during the pandemic. Read more
- OSHA published its semiannual agenda of regulations in the Federal Register on March 31. It shows a standard on workplace violence in healthcare in the prerule stage; a standard on communication tower safety in the proposed rule stage; and a standard on infectious disease as a long-term action. Read more
- As COVID-19 vaccination ramps up across the U.S., many are looking for guidance on their rights and responsibilities related to workplace vaccination programs. Legal expert Adele Abrams tackles the issue on her blog. Read more