For the first time in over 15 years, our student section at Slippery Rock University has been named the Outstanding Student Section of the Year! The student section is part of the Western Pennsylvania Chapter in Region VIII.
According to the award committee, the section was strong in all three critical requirements — professional development, research, and campus and community Involvement. “The quality and quantity of research conducted by the members were outstanding and we were impressed with the organization of the application," the committee says.
Faculty advisor Joseph M. Losko, CSP, and the student section will receive $5,000 to fund scholarships and research. All other student sections that qualified for the award will receive a $500 stipend from ASSP.
This year we recognized 16 student sections:
- Slippery Rock University – 1st Place
- Murray State University – 2nd Place
- Oakland University – 3rd Place
- California State University, Sacramento
- Central Washington University
- Eastern Kentucky University
- Grand Valley State University
- Indiana University - Bloomington
- Ohio University
- Rochester Institute of Technology
- Southeastern Louisiana University
- Texas A&M University
- University of Houston, Downtown
- University of Wisconsin, Platteville
- University of Wisconsin, Whitewater
- West Virginia University
Learn what it takes to become our Outstanding Student Section of the Year!