The rules of flame-resistant (FR)/arc-rated clothing can be complicated. Bulwark expert Derek Sang discusses the science behind FR clothing, explains what an arc rating is, describe how FR garments are certified to be NFPA® 2112 compliant and highlights where FR technology is heading.
What You Will Learn
- Explain how FR clothing self-extinguishes
- Discuss how FR properties are engineered into fibers and fabrics
- Describe an arc rating and how it is achieved
- Assess how garments are NFPA® 2112 certified for short-duration thermal exposures
- Discuss the future of FR technology
Senior Technical Training Manager, Bulwark FR
Derek Sang has been involved with the flame-resistant (FR) clothing industry for more than 25 years, serving in roles from service to manufacturing. He has developed and conducted more than 250 educational seminars globally, and he delivers keynote speeches on topics such as arc flash hazards, flash fire and general safety. In addition to being a recognized FR expert, Sang is a qualified safety sales professional, as well as a certified environmental, health and safety professional and a certified safety health and environmental technician through the International Association of Safety Health Environmental Professionals.