Chapter presidents, presidents-elect/vice presidents, secretaries and treasurers received the link for their chapter’s 2019-20 Chapter Operations Management Tool (COMT) in July. The COMT helps each chapter plan its annual activities, track performance and share successes with their area director, regional vice president and the Society.
Each year, the Council on Region Affairs revises the COMT to improve its functionality, add options to serve members, remove options that no longer serve members and adjust recognition program levels. Here are key changes for this Society year:
- Removed outdated or underutilized reporting options.
- Added bonus point opportunities to increase recognition for chapters that exceed requirement deadlines.
- Added and clarified recognition for chapters that implement best practices related to digital communications, member recognition and leadership training.
- Clarified that chapters that do not upload the required reports outlined in Society Operating Guideline 8.10 by the specified deadlines are not eligible to receive platinum-level recognition.
- Implemented a 2% to 3% points increase for each recognition level to recognize that chapters continue to improve the value and service they provide to members.